Your privacy is important to us and our policy is to respect and protect the privacy of anyone who visits www.lm&ghoponline.com (the site). Leeds City Council will at all times comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
This policy, together with our Terms and Conditions of Use, and any other documents referred to in them, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of the DPA, the data controller is Leeds City Council. Correspondence may be addressed to The Data Protection Practitioner The Leonardo Building, 2 Rossington St, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS2 8HD
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the site.
- If you contact us (by post, email or any other method), we may keep a record of that correspondence for 30 days or until the query is resolved
- We (or our agents) may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
During your use of the site we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser types, for system administration and to report aggregate information to third parties (including organisations connected to Leeds Museums and Galleries) this is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identifiy any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using cookies they help us to improve the site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. For more information about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser. However; if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the site.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to enable us to tailor the site to your particular interests;
- to ensure that the content on the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of the site.
We may also monitor user traffic on an aggregate basis in order to help us develop and improve the site for the benefit of all users. This data does not contain personal information. Please note in particular that statistical records are maintained of pages visited by users whether or not they have subscribed for any of our services.
We will keep your information confidential and store it on a secure server which is password protected and hidden behind a firewall from the outside world. Internal procedures cover the storage access and disclosures of your information.
Your credit card details are handled by Sage Pay a secure online payment gateway for credit card processing. All transaction information passed between our site and Sage Pay is encrypted when placing an order using the site, a padlock will appear on your browser. It is normally in the status bar, towards the right hand side, at the bottom of your browser window. You can double click this padlock to verify that the secure certificate has been issued to the site. Please note that email correspondence with us is in free format text and cannot be encrypted. Accordingly please do not send any sensitive information, such as credit card details or passwords, via email.
The site has links to other websites which will have different privacy, trading and use policies which you should familiarise yourself with these policies before you use or submit any personal data to these websites.
For more information on the Data Protection Act, visit www.ico.gov.uk or call (UK) 01625 545745.
LEEDS MUSEUMS & GALLERIES – ICONIC SITES, HISTORY AND CULTURE